Research (1)


Thesis: Fast-fashion should be eliminated from the world

 


 

What I hope to learn from this source: I want to learn about the negative effect of fast-fashion, especially in the aspect of the environment and also the actual state of fast-fashion enterprises

 

Notes:

1. There is already a recycling system in fast fashion enterprises. However, only 0.1 percent of all clothing collected by charities and take-back programs is recycled into new textile fiber

2. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), 84 percent of unwanted clothes went into dump ground or landfill in the United States in 2012

3. Natural fibers like cotton, linen, silk, and semi-synthetic fibers that were created from plant-based cellulose produce a great amount of greenhouse gas under the ground. Also, they cannot be used as compost.

 

Final Thoughts: Before buying or wearing fast-fashion clothes, we have to think about the environment because the state of environment was much worse than I expected. I can know that state of environment will go worse and worse, if we do not stop the consumption of fast-fashion.

댓글